New York Times Article
Is there really a record level of
stress in college?
According to many researchers there has been a spike in
stress in college freshman. In high school students the stress level has
reached its lowest point in 25 years. Is that really true? Do you think
freshman year of college is more stressful then high school? Research
also shows that many students view themselves as "below average."
Have you ever thought of yourself in the manner? Female student also have a
higher emotions and more emotions than men. Campus counseling centers say they
see more students with depression and under stress.
How do you handle your
stress?
Well the best way for me to deal with stress it find a
hobby that I enjoy. For me that would be writing. I love writing, it allows me
to vent and express my feelings about the current stress I'm experiencing.
Having consistent stress in your system is not healthy. You begin to break down
mentally and physically. I would recommend that you find a spiritual outlet to
receive guidance. I know some people are not spiritual or practice their religion
which is fine. This something that I practice. I believe it helps me overcome my
obstacles I face.
Let’s face it stress is an obstacle, it takes away from our ability to function as a scholar, human, person, and ourselves. Don't allow stress to be your killer. Become proactive and take an incentive ask for HELP!
Let’s face it stress is an obstacle, it takes away from our ability to function as a scholar, human, person, and ourselves. Don't allow stress to be your killer. Become proactive and take an incentive ask for HELP!
After reading other blog post
from my fellow scholars, I have found a contestant pattern. Most of them find
the most stressful time is during midterms or final exams. Is it stressful
because we haven't been studying thought-out the course like where’re supposed
to? No, it stressful because we are anxious. We spend too much time trying to
figure out what's on the test rather than just remaining confident in our
knowledge.
I believe stress at the
university level is not as bad as many people say. During my high school years
I experienced ten times more stress and sometimes even worse than I have here.
I believe that if you do what you need to do and stay on top of your work your
will be fine. I believe stress in college comes from the lack of confidence in
ourselves. Like I stated in my last post the three keys to success in college
is time management, organization, and concentration.
For more info: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/education/27colleges.html?_r=0
For more info: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/education/27colleges.html?_r=0
No comments:
Post a Comment