Blog Two:
Is college stressful?
Well many would say yes. I would rather say its challenging. College becomes stressful when one falls behind in his or her classes. I would only say college has become stressful during major exam periods. For example I was up all night studying for Philosophy 122. It was by far my hardest class for the semester. I wasn't used to having to memorize theories and how they impacted decisions and view points people shared. Over the course of the my late nigh study I was more confident in my knowledge of the information. I was able to make sure I grasped all the major concepts of the class.
Some of the hardest stressors would be time management, organization, and concentration. Not having a enough time to study or to adequately complete and comprehend the homework or readings is very dangerous. Your begin to play with fire, when not using the three simple task. Organizations is also very important knowing when your and where your classes are. You also want to make sure that you have every assignment written down. Give yourself a decent amount of time that will allow you complete the required work.
Concentration is also important you always want to remain focused. Find places that will allow you to study peacefully and with limited interruptions. I can promise you, your suite or dorm room is not the best place to study. It's a place the most people know where to find you. By working in your dorm you make the study time more relaxing and comfortable which ultimately distracts you. Always aim to work your hardest and most of all strive to be the best student. These are three important factors that contribute to your academic success.
I agree that management and concentration are very important when dealing with school work. It can be very hard to manage so much school work if you don't have a lot of time. And I remember that Philosophy class, it was killer. It extremely hard when you have to learn new ways of studying.
ReplyDeleteVinny I find your view on college stress very interesting. I like how you view college stress as more of an obstacle we have to over come. I agree that time management, organization, and concentration are imperative when you are trying to over come and conquer your school work.
ReplyDelete